1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I allowed here????

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by slinginsix, Mar 9, 2008.

1. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I believe I qualify to be at this site since I started my musician's quest on a bass in the 5th grade. However now I play guitar (Gibson J100, Fender MIM Tele, Ibanez Artcore) ...but wait oh you zealots!! I'm about to pull the trigger on a 5 string bass, and de-evolve back to bass...So I AM allowed at talkbass...:bag:

2. "de-evolve"? i dunno, with that attitude.....you better have brought a flame retardant suit...

3. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Fixed it for ya!

4. :eyebrow:

Prepare yourself for a world of pain & humiliation to which you are not likely accustomed, twangster.

5. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    Welcome to the forums. :)

6. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    I'm sorry, you do not qualify. Most certainly not. Please leave - else we must force you!

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Welcome to the forums, yuo may not learn alot from us de-evolved bunch.

8. Now, now. Just wait until the lad sees the error of his ways and puts down the six-stringed tenor basses for good.

Either that or he's a troll, in which case we run him outta town and burn him in a field.

Just kidding... I think.

9. :meh:

:eyebrow:

chair.

BoomSmilie_anim.

10. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    give him a break, he just fixed the sentence on the third post

11. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Ok, perhaps de-evolve was a bad choice of words....after all, the bass is where i learned how to play music..and accually, I have much still to learn on the bass..ie. slapping well. Anywho, thanks for the warm welcome...

12. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I dunno...can I give up the ego stroking glory of playing lead guitar? Only to find myself locked in the back row w the drummer, aggghhh, drummer, the least ignoble position of any band?

13. Welcome.
    Now please excuse me while I go throw rocks and sticks at big yellow ball in the sky.

14. I don't think Jack Bruce would agree with that...or Jaco...Or Geddy Lee...;)

15. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    Thanks for the reality check, I'm really not trolling...just havin some fun...and I CANT wait to get back on a bass..I'm GASSING bad!!

16. he still needs to put a "?" question mark in the end...doesnt he?
    :ninja:

17. No you're not.
    But stick around, we need someone to make fun of.

Wait started in the 5th grade?!??????!!!
    Oh, so you're like 13 now in the 7th right???

18. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Hey, we've all experimented with the inferior git'ar in our lifetimes. But, warriors find the path back to the one true way. ;)

19. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    actually no, I'm 42 and I can play pretty well, thank you very much.

20. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Wait you've been a member since 2005? You posted about your Quantum 6 back then, seems like you're coming out of the closet, not just starting.