Am I alone here in thinking those Red Bull commercials are strange

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Feb 16, 2003.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I've always enjoyed things that aren't quite mainstream, but those commercials are very odd.

Anyone else agree?
  2. I always thought they were British...aren't they?

But yes, the topless cartoon woman on one add really got my attention, I mean, are they getting more lax, or did they just not see that ad?

But, I still think they're better than 98% of the other commercials out there, at least they're mildly interesting.
  3. I'm pretty sure it's British, can't be American.... it's too weird for that. Ever see Monty Python .... weird sense of humor the English have..
  4. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    yeah they are a little wierd. The one with the dude with the wing slippers. That is a little wierd. It came on during SNL..I tought it was a skit.
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Well, I guess the British aspect explains a lot. But if I want British comedy I'll watch Mr. Bean, damn it. :D
  7. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    You guys get those same Red Bull commercials?

I like 'em.

Though, I reckon some the best commercials ever have been the Tango ones.
  8. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think they suck pretty hard.
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I hate those red bull commercials.. they bother me... thats all i really have to say about that
  10. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Red Bull isn't a UK product (made in Austria). The British accent in the commerical is just a marketing angle. And the fact that we are discussing the commerical here indicates that the style stands out and makes a lasting impression - indicative of a job well done by the ad folks, regardless of whether you think the spots are cute or obnoxious. ;)
  11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    those ads make me not want to purchase the product.