Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I becoming an old fart?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Alright, I thought you had to be fairly old to lose hair. I can pull out fistfulls of hair just by running my hand through my hair, and its kind of annoying. I dont have like a receding hairline or anything, it just seems like its way too easy to just pull out a bunch of hair. Is this normal when you let your hair grow out some? My hair is maybe 6, 7 inches max. What the crap is up with that?

2. If cute girls call you "Sir" at gas station checkout. You're an old fart. Sounds like you'll be a bald old fart soon too. :bawl:

Randy

3. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    one word......rogaine

4. My favorite Eric Clapton Song!

5. Oh no, this isnt good. This isnt good at all.

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i started losing my hair at 13, same way as you, just got thinner. By 16 i was shaving my head and at 19... well, the chicks dig it. If it's drastic and you feel like you're too young i'd check with a dermatologist and maybe get some bloodwork done. could be an imbalance or something.

7. Now I am in no way lacking in hair. Ive got an enourmous head of hair, and it never seems to get thinner, I just think its kinda weird that it can be pulled out so easily.

8. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    you just have a soft scalp my advice............................. don't pull it out

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    People with long hair tend to notice the normal amount of hair loss more than people with short hair because its hard to miss those long hairs. Chances are what's happening to you is everyday normal hair loss and not a sign of balding.

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yup. I tend to go several months without a haircut and this is the case. Also, take regular showers!

11. Thats true. I dont think Im balding at all. Its just strange pulling a knot out of my hair and having a large clump of hair.

I have come up with a solution for disposing of the hair. I will make weave, and sell it and buy basses. It helps that I have dark brown/black hair (yes there is both in there weirdly enough).

Also, I have to say, I am proud to have Mark Latimour post in my thread. This is officially awesome. :D

12. Haha, dude I take showers galore. I love them. And its been about 8 months since my last haircut. So yeah, there you go.

13. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    You don't perhaps live in the Nevadan desert do you cuz I could think of other reasons you might be going bald.

My hair has been thinning, and receding, but for some reason, I just won't go bald. Maybe it will just all fall out one morning when I wake up.

14. Nope, I think Im just noticing the normal amount coming out because its so much longer now. Have never had hair this long before, could easily have a small ponytail.

I dont live anywhere near a desert, even though it gets dang near as hot as one around here (NC coast).

You guys do realize Im not even 18 yet, right? ;) I was always told I acted old for my age.

15. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Then getting old? No. Not for many years. I'm 33 and feel younger than I did when I was 18. Perhaps it's because I don't party like I did then. Hehe.

You bring up an interesting point though. Longer hair makes a difference. When I had long hair, it was thinner, and I was always cleaning out hair from the drain in the shower. When I cut it, my hair seemed thicker for some reason.

16. Yes, Dave Matthews Band, you are becoming an old fart.

17. Haha, arent they younger than I am? If you see the thread about your TB name, you will see what the meaning behind my name is. And yes Im going to make you look, no sense in spoiling the anticipation. :D

18. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Be careful. Before you know it you may have a daughter who draws your hair like this. This is how my 5 year-old sister draws my dads hair (he has the horseshoe baldness going on):

Attached Files:

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Oh no ... please don't go there.

20. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Why? What's going on here??