Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

am I being stupid here?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xparis001, Jun 16, 2003.

1. xparis001

xparis001 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Worcester, ma
    Product Manager, Akai Professional
    if i am, talk me out of it.

Trading my stingray 5 for an 84 usa jazz.

see, I cant play the 5 string, because my left hand has some sort of arthritis lump thing which hurts like hell trying to stretch much beyond 4 strings, but I dont know if Id be better off holding on to the stingray and getting cash. ug, help me...

also, someone offered a deluxe jazz, but I think Im more of a passive kind of guy.

opinions?

-d

2. Dcd004

Dcd004

Dec 14, 2002
    Huber Heights ohio
    I would try to see if u could trade up for a stingray 4 if u like the 5 otherwise for for the jazz bass

3. Dcd004

Dcd004

Dec 14, 2002
    Huber Heights ohio
    that first for should be a go oops

4. You can edit/delete your posts with the "edit/delete" button above each of your posts.

Hey xparis001, if you can't play the 5 string, just trade her away. No big deal - a MIA Jazz is a great bass. Make sure not to trade for a Mexican "Deluxe" though, cause the hit in resale value would be much greater.

5. xparis001

xparis001 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Worcester, ma
    Product Manager, Akai Professional
    mmm. trading for a stingray 4 would be nice. anyone wanna trade a stingray 4 for a stingray 5? black would be the prefered color... :D

6. I'm sure someone will take you up on that. Post your Stingray 5 in the Classifieds here.

7. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    try posting in the for sale/wanted section. Alot of people sell their 4s to buy fives so you may have some luck.

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Have you seen an orthopedic surgeion for that boney protrusion? Get it fixed, and keep your SR5.

9. What is the 80's Jazz like?

Check it out and see how you like it compared to your SR5.

Check the market prices on both basses, and see what the odds are like.
    I tihnk it'd be an awesome swap for a SR4 or an old Jazz. Just my 2 pence :)

And ya, get that wrists checked out, man!! :eek:

g'luck
    :smug:

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    DON'T DO IT!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

Hold onto the five string!!!