1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I being too picky?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by lowcrome66, Dec 24, 2006.

1. It seems like no matter what I do, or what Bass I own, I have had a lot of problems with fret buzz. My first bass was a used Danelctro Danoblaster. Then I had a new Ibanez sr300dx, and now my used ibanez btb405qm. It seams like all of them have had alot of fret buzz no matter how they were set up. I know that most of my problems are from buying used instruments that have been through some abuse.

But should I have the frets redone on my btb or just trade it in somewhere and buy something new?

I like my action to be really low but I get a lot of buzz.. I havent found a way to get low action without a lot of buzzing.. What should I do?

2. Embryodead

Embryodead Banned

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    honestly..if you have the action extremely low on almost any bass you'll hear buzz.

3. I dont like it extremely low.. just low enough so that its pretty easy to fret notes and I'll get a good slap sound