1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I Crazy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Mar 19, 2006.

1. i agree cause we all know how bad fenders QC is. but if you end up with a great one that outplays a lakland, more power to you

2. EVERY bass has a different feel to me. It doesn't matter if ten of 'em come off the same line. From whatever manufacturer. Each has a uniqueness,good or bad. I don't think I would ever invest $1000 or more in an instrument I've never played.

I guarrantee each Sadowski, Lakland etc. has individual characteristics as well.

That said, I just received a 60th ANN. Jazz from M.F. that was part of my Music Rising relief for Hurricane Katrina. It is a fine quality instrument and the only complaint I have is the pole pieces don't line up perfectly with the strings but doesn't seem to affect the sound.

One other thing; Does it seem that the people who bash Guitar Centers basses because they are "shopworn" are the same ones who go there to play them?

3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    IMO most of the bad Fender QC is them not being set up properly. I'd say very, very few of the Fender's that roll out of the factory are just "bad basses".