am i crazy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Apr 3, 2002.

1. I have this weird idea that I should match all the companies on my rig, like if i buy ampeg, everything has to be I crazy for doing this? I find myself just looking for the best of what im looking for my 4-10 I bought an Ampeg BSE410H, and now im looking at a 15, or an 18, and i find myself forcing myself into getting an Ampeg BSE115, when I have been seriously eying up other 15's and 18's....I am my own worst enemy. Do you guys think I am crazy? I do, i guess i have this weird feeling that if i use one company im more likely to get sponsored by that company.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You're not crazy, but perhaps the victim of marketing...
  3. Worry about getting the tone you want first, THEN WORRY ABOUT THE FRIGGIN' SPONSORING....
  4. bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I don't think you're crazy for doing this. I mean, on one level it makes perfect sense to match your equipment (especially cabs) to produce a certain tone that that company or brand is known for. It would sound kinda weird to have a boomy muffled 15 matched with a totally hi-fi 4x10 cabinet (or maybe it wouldn't who knows).

However, I don't think it's a good idea to take it to the point that you're sacrificing quality (sound or build) for matching tone. Just because 'x' company makes the (subjective) best 4x10 cabinet doesn't mean they also make the best 2x12 cabinet. Of course, you'd have to weigh it, but personally I'd try to get the best quality equipment that's closest to the tone that my other equipment is...if possible.