1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

am i crazy?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Sep 12, 2008.

1. fender pt-100

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. zoom multi fx

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. i was about to buy a fender pt-100 tuner pedal, but happened to look into my local classifieds and saw a ZOOM 506 Mk II Bass Multieffects Processor for about the same price. that made me wonder if i should just go for the zoom which would give me the tuner and some chorus, flanger, phaser, delay which i would hardly be ever really using so i just cant justify spending so much over it at the same time by getting single pedals of each:meh:

i have a boss geb-7 bass eq, polish love overdrive on my board and a sansamp VT bass on its way. another thing, here in my country bass effects are hard to find and expensive.

2. so should i just slap myself and get the pt-100 and stick to the analogue, real(?) and expensive deal or get the damn zoom? the zoom has almost next to no resale possibility

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's all up to you. If you think you'll use the Zoom, go for it. If it's a waste of your time, just get the tuner.

4. If I thought for a second that the zoom had any usable tones (like the B2) I would tell you to flip a coin, but I have the 607 and it sounds like a circa 1983 casio kids keyboard (okay it's not that bad, but you get the idea). If you can get any confirmation that the 506 is any better than the 607 than maybe you have a different story, but as it is, I say you are crazy.

5. I've had the 506- not bad tones, decent & very handy tuner, slightly flimsy plastic construction. The B2.1u stomps it's cookies, both in build quality & sound(s). For actual live use I wouldn't recommend the older Zoom stuff.

6. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    Yeah, what he said.

7. so the zoom is getting more votes than the pt-100:eek:

8. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm just bummed the poll did not include a checkbox for "yes you are crazy". :p

9. Or carrots.

10. buying the zoom zoom option is equivalent of that aint it?:ninja:

oh! damn! i forgot about teh carrots! but i wanted to see what do other TB'er think about this situation. no carrots in India until winters:bag:

11. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

If you buy a multi, at least get a semi decent one. The 506 sucks a lot. It's got a few good tones and it' a fun bedroom toy but that's it.
    It can be used as a proper tuner but make sure it's not in your general signal path, for it eats your signal like crazy even when bypassed.

12. ok i think am back to my senses. wont get the zoom. NO wont get the zoom. thanks