Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fatrhino, May 12, 2002.

1. fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Hi everyone, I am thinking about selling my Mesa-Boogie 2x15 Diesel cab for and Avatar 4x10 and 1x15. The reason is that if I want to play bass somewhere its either my 25watt practice amp or my Trace Elliot/ Mesa Boogie 600 watt stack. Underkill or overkill. And I don't really want to buy somthing in the middle like uh lets say 150 watts. I want the 4x10 and 1x15 because I can get both new for a little more then what I can sell the Mesa for. Also I want the Avatars because it will let me carry all my equipment by myself and I can opt to take only the 10's or the 15. What do you think?
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I think it could work. However, if you are really happy with the tone of your 2x15 cab, you may not want to get rid of it. What if you Don't like the avater cabs? I'm not saying you won't, you probably will, but if you don't, that will be a waste wouldn't it? Just my 2 cents
  3. fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Well the thing is, 2x15's are just too much for me to carry around and now that I have a new side band in another city, I'll will have to move the 2x15 by myself. This is near impossible. I just want two separate cabs that I can move myself and the avatars are a good deal. I'm not too particular of my sound as long as its loud, cuts through well, and is not ****ty. Oh and by the way, I play in a hardcore punk and a screamo band.

Oh and the 2x15 sound good but have poop for highs and i'm hoping that a 4x10 on top of a 1x15 will sound good.