am i cursed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassbeast, Jul 20, 2001.

1. bassbeast

Jul 6, 2001
    okay, here's the scoop,

everytime I buy a bass guitar or amp, i always bust the nut on the input. help me?!
  2. Cat

Apr 5, 2000
    Penn State
    he said bust a nut hehe
  3. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Sorry, but yes, you're cursed.

4. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    next time you should wear a cup :D
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, cursed, but they have hormone therapy for "guys" like you now. :D
  6. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    get some plyers and screw it back on, dude. simple enough. or get a replacement one for 10 bucks.
  7. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Cold showers and thinking about baseball might help your situation :)
  8. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK
    Stop buying bass guitars and amps.
  9. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I never had this problem with amps, but I used to screw up the jack on my basses all the time. My problem was I was always walking just a shade too far for the cord, and wrenching it out of the jack at an unpleasant angle. Then I found out that if you run the cord between the strap and the body by the tail strap button, you actually get enough notice to stop wandering around before you unplug yourself. You can feel it tugging on the strap. I haven't hosed a jack since!

10. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Dude when i was on the road for the first time i went through so many chords! And the above poster was correct about pulling it through your strap! Just put your bass on the pull the strap up throught the bottom! And also you can buy a tape from a plumbers supply that does not stick to anything but itself! It looks like electrical tape and you can wrap the ends of your connectors to the chord itself and it will make it 10 times stronger!