Am i getting a good deal on a genz benz gbe600?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 1039greenday, May 3, 2005.

1. 1039greenday

Aug 1, 2004
    I found a store selling one for $775 including shipping and handling. Keep in mind i cant buy from ebay. This is the email i got

Mr. Franke,

Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the delay in our reply. Unfortunately, the price we quoted on the GBE600 in Feb. was part of a sepcial buy we made with Genz Benz that we cannot replicate. The good news, though, is we can still beat the heck out of what other sites are asking for the unit. List price=$1199, I'm seeing it everywhere for $959, and we could sell you yours for $775 with shipping included (within continental U.S.) Thanks again for the email and let me know if we can assist you further.

So, Yay or Nay?
  2. I've seen them go for cheaper without a doubt (500 is probably the lowest I've seen them, got mine brand new for 630), but I'd personally say anything under 900 is a deal for the gbe600 (especially new), 900-1100 I'd say that is paying a fair price, any more than that is too much.
  3. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I know that you can't buy off of eBay, but there is a seller who sells them fairly frequently for $650 plus $35 shipping. If anyone wants the id of the seller, I believe he's on my 'Favorite Sellers' list; PM me and I can give it to you.

I'd like to know where people are getting them cheaper.
  4. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    he hasnt had any for sale for a few months... believe me ive been waiting for one....
  5. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Have you tried contacting him? That should at least speed up the process.
  6. 1039greenday

Aug 1, 2004
    is $690 shipped with a bent rack ear a good deal? or should i go for the $775? how hard is it to repair?
  7. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    It depends on the bend. If it's minor, I'd go for it. If not, refer the seller to me. :p

The chasis on those heads are more durable than most. The unit has probably been abused. If it's a large bend, don't go for it.