Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I goin crazy or what???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Irie01, May 27, 2002.

1. Irie01

Irie01

Jan 22, 2002
    Well, I have been playing with my new Musicman sterling for about a month now and I totally love it.Everything has been just fine until I found a Exc. cond '76 Sabre. Same exact color as my sterling. Vintage Sunburst/black p.gaurd and a maple neck. He wants $2150 for it and I am afraid that I cant resist. Its is going to certainly set me back but I think it will be worth it. I have wanted one since seeing and hearing Eric from sublime play one. I feel insane getting another bass, especially after just getting the Sterling, but this Sabre is what I dream of. Its even the color and neck I want.I could sell or keep the Sterling and still get this Sabre .Anyone else ever find themselves in this kind of situation?tell me about it. Also, what are everyone's opinions on the Sabre and my predicament?

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    If I were you, I would think very carefully if you would like the Sabre is better than the Sterling. If you think you would, you could buy the Sabre and sell the Sterling to make up for it.