Am I hooked up right?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Soon2AdjustYou, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Ok guys this is what I have
    Fender MIA deluxe V

8 space rack

-Power conditioner
    -Korg Rackmount tuner
    -Shure wireless
    -Behringer compressor/gate
    -Behringer multi effects (has a sweet flange)
    -Ampeg SVP-Pro
    -Carvin DCM-1000

Ampeg SVT 810e

I have it hooked up like this

and then the ampeg tuner out into the Korg
    and the effects in the effects loop

is this all hooked up correctly?
    I think it is I was just wanting confirmation

Dr B
  2. sounds like it is right, does it work?
  3. yeah it works fine

I was just sketchy on running it that way if I am losing any signal strength, or if it could be hooked up better
  4. The only thing I would try is putting the comp after the preamp and before the power amp. By doing this you would be able to crank the preamp for the tone and use the comp as a real comp and have the output knob on the comp actually adjust the overall signal before the amp.

I use an Ampeg B5R and I put a DBX 166 in with it. I hooked it up by using the preamp out/power amp in. And now I can do exactly as above. I tried useing the effects loop but it didn't work as well.
  5. monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Now you just need the 810E :D
  6. haha

I can hear things falling off the wall as I speak! Cant wait

I have been going down to Big Dudes the past couple of days to play some of their stuff. They have 2 8x10s sitting on the floor, along with an SVT 4, and 3 and a br5 and a anniversary cl head.

it's awesome.....they bought a lot of Mars's old display racks and stuff. The store looks very professional. I really was impressed.
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I have a question about your effects loop. I don't use mine because it doesn't send the effects to the PA system, so the sound out front is dry. I'm not sure if your amp does the same but it's worth checking out.
  8. monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah, I like Big Dude's. They should like me too, since that's where I bought the rig. They've had a good selection of Musicman basses as well.

They really seem to be stepping it up over the last couple years.
  9. Yeah your right, over the past 2 years their inventory and staff has become top notch.

So you bought the rig there huh? I usually deal with Sib. He cuts a pretty good deal

they have 4 Ernie Balls there. 3 sterlings and one stingray 5. I have been playing the ray. I love it. Great bass ( I still like my Jazz though)

what kind of bass do you have?