Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lloyd Christmas, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Well, not exactly. New they cost something like $599 :rolleyes: .

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Yeah, whats up with that? Is it special?

3. It's not actually that high, that's just the price you have to pay for him to close the auction and send it to you right away.

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    But theres also a reserve... It says "studio amp," which makes it better than other identical amps.

5. But the reserve might be like 200 bucks, you don't know how high it is.

6. Are you trying to tell me he's not trying to pull a fast one? :eyebrow:

7. Yeah he is. I'd love to be him if someone actually does that though.

8. He says he paid $2000 for it....so is he the screwer, or the screwee? :)

9. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    If he paid $2k he's a bigger fool than anyone who'd pay $900 for a $150 pawn shop special. But that's part of the deal at Ebay: you put the thing up for at least four times what it's worth hoping that someone offers half that, and you still end up getting at least twice what you should have.

10. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  11. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Californians :rolleyes:

[/Joking]

12. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I don't think the guy selling it was Canadian. Says hes in Cali... Damn, hes making the rest of us Californians look bad. :p

13. Did he fall for that infomercial that shows you how to make a million bucks on e-bay???? Regardless, he's clueless.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The prices are in $Can, though. It's still the suxxors.

15. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I understand how it reads wrong (Year Mfg./Purchased) but I think he means "the year it was manufactured and purchased was the year 2000 AD". But at $900 BIN, you'd think it had originally cost $2,000! Sheesh!

Strange observation: He lists two phone numbers. One is indeed most likely that Topanga, CA # (818 area code). The other primary "P" number is a Las Vegas, NV area code (702). What the heck?

Then again, it seems like one of those brick & mortar / pawnshop type stores going the eBay route, not knowing a d@mn thing about what their selling. List price? OKAY!

-T

16. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Lots of times people set really high buy it now prices to gaurentee they get all the money they need for the item. Lots of people think the buy it now and reserve prices are usually set the same. But then it doesn't make since becuase after the reserve it met it becomes cheaper to just buy the thing. That said that's beyond ridiculously high, it's too high.