Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I nuts or is it worth trying?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by dr dred, Oct 27, 2002.

1. As i've just got back in through the door after a long layoff of three years whats the best thing to do to restart. I've forgot most of the songs and licks i used to know but i still have good right hand dexterity for finger style and my slappings which was fairly good is not too shabby. My left is weaker but all fingers are quite agile i know that a couple of months good practice will strenghthen them up good. During the time off which I've been going to punk and metal gigs, and seen the bassists and i know i can do better, so i've rekindled my love of everything low and have now grown to rhcp, i seen them live and flea blew me away, i am toying with the idea of learning flea's licks which will be damn hard but i think i'm up to the challenge.

Am i crazy or should i got for it?

2. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    Go for it!!!
    It's really not that hard... A lot of the stuff on Blood Sugar Sex Magik is downright easy. Try it and you will see for yourself!

3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    welcome back:D
    -
    flea has, imo, some brilliant, yet very easy basslines. of course, he also has some licks you won`t be able to play after 10 minutes, but I guess it`s the whole point of learning. good choice:)