1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Am I nuts or is it worth trying?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by dr dred, Oct 27, 2002.

1. As i've just got back in through the door after a long layoff of three years whats the best thing to do to restart. I've forgot most of the songs and licks i used to know but i still have good right hand dexterity for finger style and my slappings which was fairly good is not too shabby. My left is weaker but all fingers are quite agile i know that a couple of months good practice will strenghthen them up good. During the time off which I've been going to punk and metal gigs, and seen the bassists and i know i can do better, so i've rekindled my love of everything low and have now grown to rhcp, i seen them live and flea blew me away, i am toying with the idea of learning flea's licks which will be damn hard but i think i'm up to the challenge.

Am i crazy or should i got for it?

2. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    Go for it!!!
    It's really not that hard... A lot of the stuff on Blood Sugar Sex Magik is downright easy. Try it and you will see for yourself!

3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    welcome back:D
    -
    flea has, imo, some brilliant, yet very easy basslines. of course, he also has some licks you won`t be able to play after 10 minutes, but I guess it`s the whole point of learning. good choice:)