Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I nuts?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gweimer, Jan 8, 2001.

1. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    The band I've been rehearsing with has decided we need to this act out on stage quick. So, we all brought tapes in to decide the songlist, and each member is to bring tapes for everyone else of the songs we each brought. I'm using the sarge's boom box to do some hi-speed dub copies, and I decide to start learning the songs while doing the dubbing! So, I'm actually learning the songs by playing double time, and it's actually working. You can get a better view of the song structure, believe it or not. And here most people prefer to slow the song down to pick out each note. My wife says I'm not right.

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Long ago I found I could pick out the bass parts easier off albums by playing them at 45 speed.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I compile all of the band's practice music onto CDs (they're cheaper than tapes) which leads to a problem. I learn the danged songs while I'm burning the CDs, then I've got to wait a week or two until the rest of the band learns them. I do it at regular speed though.