1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I responsible for this???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PhatBasstard, Jun 7, 2007.

1. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Sold a multi effects pedal to a fellow TBer (who shall remain nameless unless he starts trashing me on this site). Sent it over 2 months ago, UPS/insured, sent tracking # (twice), etc., etc. Turns out he had me send it to an old address, not where he currently lives and it got sent back to me. I was unaware of all this until.....:

About 2 weeks ago he emails me (using a different email I don't recognize) asking why I haven't sent it back! :eyebrow: :confused:

Takes 2 weeks of infrequent emails before he emails the tracking # back to me so I can: 1. Confirm it's really him behind this new email address, and: 2. Check the UPS site myself and confirm what he says.

UPS site says it was delivered to my "front door" (they've left stuff outside before) over a month after I sent it. I don't have it. It's now over a month after that.

He claims he's tried to contact me several times over this long time period. My email filter log contains no emails from any of his other email addresses he's used between the original deal emails and the ones starting 2 weeks ago (even though he could have used the original TB thread or PM to contact me the second he realized there was a problem).

I'm going to check with my neighbors and I'm sure UPS won't want to even hear it after this long, but he's starting to sound like he's getting upset with me, so I have to ask:

How am I responsible for this?

2. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    call UPS, and if they're d*mn sure it got delivered, then it's probably time to call the cops about someone stealin packages from your front door.

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Are you kidding? A package that dissapeared over a month ago (worth less than $100)? The previous package was over two years ago. They'll just shake their heads.

Besides, the guy emailed me this morning and is cool and seems to understand this is not my fault.

4. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    The the s***head he shoulda gave you the correct address in the first place! There's no excuse for his screw-up!

Sheesh.... like Ron White said, you can't fix stupid!

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    True dat. Unfortunately, unlike the USPS, UPS doesn't have a forwarding system in place and they just drop parcels at the front door and bail. I've seen packages sitting at the front door of vacant houses for a couple of weeks. We can't touch them either.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not your fault.

bc

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021