Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

am I right here?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by The Antipop, Oct 8, 2005.

1. I have been looking for commited musicians the last few months with little luck.

A friend of me told me tonight it is only because I am not commited myself. I will only commit myself around my own time.

Now my own time is weekdays after 6pm until 12 and almost every weekend.

This is ALL my free time off of work, which sadly I need to survive. I know I am right here as he in unemployed and has much more time.

I know I have to be right here, though I have been replaced from more then one band for not quitting to jam more (didn't miss any boat).

Just tell me I make sense

2. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Sounds like you have plenty of time. My band practices 6-9 weekdays and afternoons on Saturdays if needed. Weekends are open for gigs. I hate to say it but your unemployed friend is wrong...now go find a band.

3. my band (all college kids[excluding me] and working) practice on the weekend because somehow we lucked into getting jobs that we can get off on the weekends for. Other than that,we dont practice on weekdays at all,we barely even communicate than.

4. I suppose that depends on your definition of "committed musicians". To a lot of people that would include availability to tour and occasionally practice during the days if required, which you don't seem to be in a position to do.