1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I still in CA? The weather disagrees,..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Derek Balonek, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Seriously, something is wrong here. It's June, and the ambient temperature to be somewhere around 70 F. Over the past week, we've had a few funnel clouds touch down, hail, and a whole bunch of rain. It's normally in the high 90s around this time. Not that I'm complaining, I like colder weather, but what's going on here?

2. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    It's all global warming, don't you know?

3. It was 24C here today.

That's toasty enough for me!

4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i don't know about this weather, either. the farmers in my area are pissed. the grounds are very fertile from all the rain. what is needed now is that long sunny day.

WHERE ARE YOU, SUNSHINE????

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hey, I just had a tornado touch down 2 days ago and rip the hell out of 5 towns in my area of MA. That NEVER EVER happens. The Twister missed my house by ONE MILE. I dunno about your weather, but that is pretty messed up here.

6. Yeah, that's seriously crazy weather, definitely not something the coasts normally see. Did anyone you know get hurt? As far as I know, the ones over here just took out some farms without any injuries.

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    There were 4 fatalities from what I understand. The center of Monson, MA is leveled. Springfield got ripped apart. Sturbridge and Southbridge and parts of Charlton had major forestation and housing damages. Some issues in Worcester as well. I personally know 5 families / friends / co workers that lost everything, be it homes or businesses. It's so freaking sad. I am glad things weren't too terrible your way.

8. Back home the weather has been tearing Missouri a new one, but here in Monterey is more of the same.

9. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    earthquake - we are due! I just got all of our earthquake supplies in place.

10. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I'm in Sacramento, and I'm LOVIN' IT!! I love my city, but the late spring through early fall heat can beat you down. It's so nice to get in a car that doesn't feel like an oven. It's so nice to not sweat. There was a time in my life when I thought I'd never want to give in the Bay Area or the Pacific Northwest, but age has made me do a complete 180.

11. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Well, if you remember the Chile quake, and the Japan quake both moved the earth by a little bit. Born and raised here in SoCal, i've always seen the sun set south or directly west. It's been setting to the north since the japan quake. I pointed that out to a few friends of mine who lived here for over 15 years and they were blown away when they actually realized how far north the sun sets now..

12. I'm in MI and normally it's around 70+ this time of year, and it's been around 90 here..
    We stole your sun! O_O

13. NE PA got a few tornadoes and HEAVY storms last weekend also... Deadliest tornado season in 75 years so far. Be safe everyone!

14. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    I've got tickets for the Coloma blues festival today. It's outdoors and it's peeing with rain. John Nemeth, Tommy Castro and Taj Mahal trio, I guess it's worth getting wet for!

15. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I would have given long odds that was an impossibility. :meh:

Oh, you meant the weather. Yeah, no kidding. Beats 107°, sure enough.

16. keyofnight

keyofnight

Jun 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    It's raining here in sunny Santa Cruz. Bah!

We didn't have much of a Winter, so I'm considering this catchup weather.

17. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Do you insult my fair city, sir?! :eyebrow:

18. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Surf was fantastic this morning though.

19. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    No, that would have been a much longer post.

20. I don't want to be in Sac when it heats up and ALL that SNOW MELTS in the Sierras. It's gonna play havoc with the rivers. Usually the snow melts gradually and the rivers can handle it but a better than average chance they won't this year.