Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I Stu-pid?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stu L., May 14, 2002.

1. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I currently own an Ampeg SVT-350H with an Ampeg SVT-410HEN cab. I was considering selling the both of them. I was thinking about the Ampeg V4BH and the Ampeg 2x10. I am not in a band, hardly ever jam with my buddies, and dont think I can justify this gear any longer. Besides, I could always add a second 2x10. What are some of your thoughts? BTW, my wife wants me to keep the gear, and just add more. Problem is, we cant afford it. Thanks,
    Stu-pid Stu

2. your wife wants you to *keep* the gear?????!!!!!
    ;-)

...you might need it later on.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Yeah, I'm lucky.

I was thinking of selling my 4x10 first (or trading) for the 2x10. I dont need a cab that can handle 1,000 watts. Just got a good deal on the whole setup. I'd like to keep it, but I'm kind of bored with the sound of it all.:(

4. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I would sell the SVT-350H and get the VB4H but keep the 4x10.

5. rhythmrod

rhythmrod

Oct 27, 2001
    Austin, Texas
    Lucky You!!!
    Your wife wants you to keep the gear AND add more. MAN, I wish she could talk to my wife. I was in a position similar to yours before I started my current band. I would keep the gear, however, if you can't afford to add more, don't. Because you never get a good price when you sell it. But, if you don't ever intend on playing with others or getting in a band, then you might think about downsizing. Even before I started my band, I would like to crank it up when I had the house to myself for a while. She wants you to keep it AND add more??? LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!!:D

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    If you're selling your gear because you're bored with your sound, go ahead and do it. If you're selling your gear because you don't need 1000-watt rig, I say, "What the hell, man!?" No one needs a 1000-watt rig, but if it's yours and it's paid for, keep that sucka!

I don't need a lot of things, but a lot of things are nice to have.

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Sorry, the 4x10 holds 1,000 watts. I'm just bored w/ the sound. I thought maybe a new pre-amp, but I dont know. I'd hate to spend $500 to find out the hard way.

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    just sell the head
    and get a v-4b or an old svt.
    since you want have to move that heavy sucka anywhere.
    how much fo the ampeg head?
    i am wiling to buy maybe!

steve

9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    The cab came w/ casters. I cheat. Sorry. You have a PM from me on the head though...

Stu

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, you can't be stupid. You married the right woman. Congratulations.

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Thanks, she looks good too!:D

So, is the general thought keep the gear?
    Stu

12. rockindoc

rockindoc Daily Lama

Jan 26, 2002
    Bonham, Tx
    Yes, keep the gear. Ebay the woman. She's worth at least 1 million. You'll be set for life.

13. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    i say ebay the wife, ebay the gear, and get some serious quality new gear with that million and change

14. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    (hangs head in shame)

You guys, your funny. ;)

(raises head)

Anymore suggestions?