1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

am i the luckiest guy in the world?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ladros2, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    it seems i have found the perfect group of musicians:

guitarist: encourages me to get a six string so we can harmonise, expand, unison etc. tried bass, wow, this is big and heavy, how the hell do you manage this thing? so glad i play guitar!

keyboardist: keeps out of my way, plays to fit bass

drummer: we share locking in duties, works well with bass.

all frequently tell me to turn up.
    all say get off the root when appropriate.
    all offer solo space.
    all love sheehan+wooten.

it seems everybody else is havng trouble with their bandmates, gee, i'm starting to feel left out! :p

2. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    oh yeah, we're all 17.

3. Man you are insanly lucky, I'm in a band and we all range from 16 to 18 years old. I mean ya I love our band, but sometimes its a little out of control. Our guitarists are both good, and could be tha tmuch better but don't put in enough time to practise their skills. Our drummer, well shes just amazing, she can play almost anything. Myself and her fit well together and can anticipate what the other will do, pretty much like my little sister haha. It's good to hear that other's are doing well in their bands. Best of luck man, and I say go for the 6 string, I'm on my way to one as well!

Jared

4. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    six is next on my list, just bought a 400 watt amp, huge for me! pay that off, save money, buy 6, probably spector legend! we've known each other for ages and so we can tell exactly what's coming next all the time! it's so much fun!

5. congrats..............I wish I could find a group of dedicated musicians...........oh well.

6. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I hate you.

just kidding :p

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    in mine we're all new to being in a real band, so everything is confusing and new to us.

Drummer issues:D

8. I play in a great band - we all get along, enjoy the same music and let each other have their own say and space in the music.

My guitarist loves the way I play, and the drummer and I lock in really well.

Very lucky indeed!

9. my dummer and guitarist and I have all been playing together since freshamn year of high school and this year we all graduated and we can all read each other very well and its great but its hard when a new guy comes in cause when we jam everyone knows were a change is going to be without anyone saying it. its great :D

10. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I hope I can get a band going that locks in together like that./