Am I the only Double Bassist in Johannesburg / Gauteng , South Africa ?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Gavin Hobbs, Jan 14, 2022 at 10:25 AM.

1. Gavin Hobbs

Gavin Hobbs

Monday
    Hey Hi.
    A shout out to any and all Double Bassists residing in South Africa.(If there are any aside from myself ???? Cant believe I'm actually saying/typing this. )
    OK as I stated above , are there any other Double Bassists residing in the Johannesburg / Gauteng area ?
    I would love to chat with/to any and all regarding Pizzicato and Arco related topics if they're up for it.
    I am having a rather hard time finding any Double Bass enthusiasts at all as well as other people in my area who are music fanatics trying to learn and understand sheet music / score.
    Feeling a tad like I am the last of my kind ,amateur dramatics aside .

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    You're on the Bass Guitar side, so no wonder you feel a bit lonely - have a nice moderator move the thread over to the Upright bass side. :)

3. Gavin Hobbs

Gavin Hobbs

Monday
    Hi.
    I thought I was on the right forum, sorry.I will re-post on the right forum.

bholder likes this.
  4. Gavin Hobbs

Gavin Hobbs

Monday
    Found it , thank you for kindly pointing me in the right direction.....

5. Papageno

Papageno

Nov 16, 2015
    France
  6. Gavin Hobbs

Gavin Hobbs

Monday
    Hi Papageno.
    Thank you for the link I will see if I can make contact .
    Cheers.
    Gavin.

7. BASSDROID

BASSDROID Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 22, 2007
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Mariechen Meyer.

Edit: Mariechen is from SA, but lives in the US now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 9:40 AM
  8. Gavin Hobbs

Gavin Hobbs

Monday
    What a lovely piece of Music thank you , fantastic quartet . And therein lies the goal of such effortless playing whilst sight playing , incredible.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2022