Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Am I the only one who's sick of the "Got whatever?" slogan?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tattooed, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Like two years ago I "Got Sick" of the got milk and everytrhing that copied it slogan and it seems like it will never go away. How long is this going to go on before the rest of the world realizes it "Got Old."

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It hasnt got old here as we dont have that slogan.

3. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Where on earth have you seen it other than Got Milk?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :smug:

Got pwned? :eek:

4. I can't believe it hasn't made it there. Theres like 8000 shirts on ebay. http://search.ebay.com/got-shirt

5. :bawl:

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i think it's fading.

but that "[something: some amount of money], [something else] priceless" crap is still going pretty strong. and it takes longer than "got [something]?", so it's more irritating.

7. I'm waiting for the "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" and the "Where's the beef" things to wear out...

8. Got Bass?

9. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    +999999999999

ARGH. I can't people think those are so "cute". And the delivery of the MasterCard guy/person makes me want to punch him...and I don't like punching things.

And most hated of all is the fact that they have now almost permanently moved on to a higher level of annoyance with advertising contests or deals or promos or whatever with "something: zero dollars, something: zero dollars, something: zero dollars, somethingstupid: priceless"

Please, no more...for the love of everything!

Even "where's the beef?" still gets a chuckle out of me. And what happened to that old lady?

-T

10. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh, and don't forget all the raised up trucks that have "Got Sand?" vinyl stickers on them...geez.

And on that note, don't you just love everyone's favorite person who finds just the right time to say a "Got *whatever*" joke after they feel it's appropriate and they think they are a comic genius?

:scowl:

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Turn off your TVs.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Eh its not only on tv...:(

What i want to do is find a car with "got god" sticker on it (i see those the most, but any other got sticker will do... except "got #@$%ed" i like those) ram it in the rear with my jeep... get out... and replaced sticker with "got reamed"...and then drive away...

Other then that it doesnt bother me because i cant read:(

Cheers

13. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yup. MasterCard and all the other copy cats have attacked every media there is. Most annoyingly of all: Radio. Especially talk radio (what I listen to the most).

Unless there is a cool movie or a re-run of a fav tv show on or something, I can't stand more than about 10 minutes of regular TV programming. It's just too painful... :rollno:

-T

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, it's not only on TV, and you'll see it other places, but not as much. Turn off the Tv.

15. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Don't be lame and let lame stuff like that get to you.

16. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Don't mean to burst your bubble, but... If I add up how much TV I've watched in the last month, I'd probably get about 2 hours max. And due to that lowered watching status, I haven't seen an MC commerical on TV for a while now. But I'm either reading, listening to the radio, or at band rehearsal most of the other time. So definitely, if you add up all the other media outlets that horrible slogan plus all it's copy cats operate out of, you'd get WAY more than what you would just on TV. And actually, only MC runs that type of ad on TV because none of the copycats can afford TV commercials... but they sure can afford, website banners, radio spots, magazine ads, newspaper ads, etc etc.

That's it. MasterCard and the Milk Foundation (or whoever those pro-milk people are) need to just get it overwith and combine their powers. Check it out:

Got Mastercard? Priceless.

Kill me now.

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

but but but... how would i know what scooby and the gang are up to???

we now return to scooby murder files......

Cheers

18. Transverz

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah! Really! And how would we know when they meet back up with Josie and the P-cats, especially with Val on bass? Ooh yeah!

[​IMG]

A Samick?! Awww...

It better be hot-rodded...

WHY AM I LOOKING AT THE BASS?!?!?!

-T

19. Where have you been? I haven't heard/seen that phrase in a few years.

20. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    YES. I was sick of it when it was just a Milk campaign. When other started picking it up, I was beyond sick of it. I never said anything, but when TB started selling the "got bass" swag I was kind of embarrassed for this site and all who bought a hat or shirt.
    :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: