Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

am i the only one

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by warwickben, Aug 17, 2004.

1. iam i th eonly one that has the feeling protools is becomming like windows u all most have to work with it.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    pfftt..... If you really believe that, then you are a marketing man's dream.

3. Ben, did you ever get PTFree working satisfactorily on your system? I remember you were trying to get a copy of it... With all the problems people have experienced around here getting Pro Tools to work on anything other than Digidesign kit it would be interesting to hear if you've got some that's fairly robust.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Its been like that for years. As a musician I would say that you should work with what you prefer, but if you plan on trying make money as an engineer then you had better have your PT chops down. I have never been to a studio that does not have a PT rig of some sort. Being familiar and ready to deal with PT is definately in your best interest.