am i the only person

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 26, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    am i the only person that uses the boss dd-5 delay pedal.the i guy i got it off of said i nuts for using it. am i alone.

i leanred form a bass player friend that tours alot and records alot if you come up with a sound and you think no one made it befor. you can like recored it and like if any one use it .they have to pay for it. i for got what you have to do with the sound when you come up do the same thing with the sound as peeps do when the make things . is this true .
  2. first of all, it's not true, second of all it's not like nobody's used delay before.
  3. Hey, if you like, then screw the guy who told you that that you were nuts.

I now use a DOD delay, and I think that it sounds great, especialy when you do a slower, more creepy kind of bass line or solo.

Rock on
  4. I got an effect setting for one of the songs I play, which has a .5 second delay with 2 additional flangers on it. Flanger is in essence a very short delay, so you could say I use 3 delays at the same time.

Don't ever think you're the only one who uses a certain effect, cause there's a whole lotta bass players in a whole lotta countries playing a whole lotta effects in a whole lotta music styles. Your friend is kinda weird saying things like that.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX'd think that if they MASS PRODUCE delay effects, he wouldn't be the only one...
  6. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i didnt mean that that i am the only bass player that uses the boss dd-5 delay i was like knda ask if any one else uses it.the guy at the store said it wount work on bass but it works fine .what other "****are" effects are great for my friend ask this all ready under my name but like its a i know a flanger is a really short delay right so i knwo that will work fine.