1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amazig Stambaugh 10 string (strings doubled) on the 'bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emjazz, May 6, 2006.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
  2. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    whoa!

3. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    that thing makes me want a stammie all over.

4. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

That's a cool bass!!!

5. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Would love to try that out. Bet it can get a monster sound.

6. I'm actually glad that I don't really like the general shape, maple fretboard & a few other details. If I did like it, I might just need it.:rolleyes:

7. Hot Damn, that's beautiful!
    -Alex

8. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    It's been on my watch list...

Marshall

9. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Some things I don't like about it.

Look at the head. One of the octave strings (the D) actually passes across the Low D tuning post, because of the shape of the head.

Look at the neck bolts. Only the rearmost two are centered. The other two pairs are off.

These aren't niggles in a top-shelf instrument.

10. That's sweet. Makes me even more excited for my Stammie :hyper:

11. that bass looks nice :)

12. I didn't look at the tuners, but the neck bolt pattern looks deliberate to me.
    Edit: after looking at the tuner pic, I'm not sure it actually does what you're saying; I own 2 Stammies & recently sold another, all 3 of which have NO design, construction or finish flaws. Stambaugh da man.

13. Yeah, the neck bolts must have been done like that on purpose for whatever reason. This is Chris Stambaugh we're dealing with, not Dave Pushic or Wish :p

Don't know about the tuners, except that it can't be easy to perfectly line up 10 tuners (with pairs of strings so close together) while keeping a neat and fairly compact headstock. Not much room to work with there. I'm sure it's not a problem. It's hard to tell from that picture if the strings are actually touching anyways. The guitar tuning posts are shorter anyways so the string is probably just passing cleanly under the other one.

14. That's what I'm sayin, yo. Look at Ritter neck bolts- accident? I don't think so...

15. Much more eloquently stated than I...
    :rolleyes: