Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Amazing" Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Okay guys.

I'm in grade 12 at my highschool, and theres a girl in the class i help with. Her dad played bass.
    Anyway, she told me about it and wanted to bring it in to show me. I obviously agreed.
    The next day, i saw the case, it was VERY long and thing. NOT your usual bass case.
    I opened it up, and there was this bass, that was SO ugly, it was beautiful. Here's the description.

it was a steinberger kind of bass, headless, but had a hole, with the tuning knobs by the bridge, and it was fretless, with the pocky near the neck, like the Pedulla basses have, and it was ateal/aqua colour. Also had a Solid Ebony neck, both fretboard and neck were ebony, one peice.
    it has markings on the neck where the 3rd, 5th etc frets are, that are 3 small lines. like |||
    |

The name is the bass is called "amazing", which is true. I looked in the case, it was bought up in Toronto, for about 200 bucks CDN (obviously) and that was in 1989 or so. If ANYBODY has, or can aquire any information about this bass, please let me know.
    Thank you!

-Mark

2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I have seen such a bass on ebay before. The only reason I remember is because the seller kept making awful puns about the "amazing" bass. I don't really have any good info though. It was a headless but it was maple necked and red.

3. ITS GEDDY LEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D