Amazing basses from Jens Ritter... other artworks out there??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrWalker, Jan 6, 2011.

1. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    After reading John Turner's thread about the potentially counterfeit Ritter bass, I have browsed through Jens' pages, and holy moly... are there some seriously beautiful basses in there! I cannot think of another luthier at the moment who astonishes me as much as him. I know, Fodera, BassLab and BassCulture... but Jens has added a new dimension to bass luthiery. His basses aren't just instruments, they are artwork!

Just to illustrate... take a look at these couple basses here:

0840-1.jpg
    0531-1.jpg
    0448-1.jpg

You have other works of art from the bass world, but it comes across to me as something completely different than Ritter's approach! "Standard" Precisions basses or even beat up Jazz basses isn't what this thread is about... it's about those beautiful "think-out-of-the-box-and-do-something-about-it" luthiers who make a significant footprint in the bass community :)

Anyone you'd like to mention?? :)

2. I recently got hooked onto him also! And because of the same thread!

I think that thread has cost me nearly $10,000...

3. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    I guess Claudio Pagelli also deserves an honourable mentioning here... :)
    [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong... there are a lot of companies out there that produce amazing instruments.... but not quite as many who break the frontiers like these guys do. :)

Keep them coming! :)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022