1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amazing customer service from Darkglass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ulf Buck, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ulf Buck

Ulf Buck

Mar 15, 2015
    South Florida
    I am starting a new thread on this company's awesome customer service.
    I had a b7k ultra that had a defective micro toggle (understandable defect it happens with these types of switches)

Apparently the response form I sent was not creating a ticket, an issue not caused by the company.

Douglas personally contacted me and referred me his local service center here in FL.
    I sent the pedal in and told them I was in a bind for a festival gig coming up on Dec 10.
    Pedal was inspected and issue noted.

Since they could not get the parts in time they are shipping me a new pedal tomorrow.
    I am speechless (except for this giant post), you just do not see this anymore.

As far as tone, my band plays old school hard rock and metal covers, originals in the same vein. I use just a hint of distortion and blend about half way mids bumped slightly. I play old fender jazz bass specials and power jazz bass specials live through a gk 1001rb set clean and di to the board (my rig), through whatever backline gear is there at backlined gigs, and direct from the pedal at times.

This pedal not only sounds amazing through my gear but sound guys seem to "get" the tone I am trying to achieve with this pedal.

Thanks again Darkglass!

2. emerson883

emerson883

Apr 10, 2012
    Its the little things that are important. I've gone through quite a few ODs trying to find that right one for me. I reached out here on talkbass about the Omicron and VMT. Darkglass actually reached out and rather than push the pedal, gave me some demos to watch that fit my playing style, and wished me well on my search even if I didn't go Darkglass. Its actually that kind of service that pushed me to try the Omicron.... and it just so turns out the Omicron is here to stay on my board.

theunknowndude and Fuzzbass like this.
  3. Kartofell

Kartofell

May 1, 2017
    Agree 100%! They're not just "talking the talk", they're "walking the walk" when it comes to customer service (and everything else too), and such integrity is so important! I would consider myself a perfectionist, so I'm quite meticulous (almost a pain-in-the-ass kinda guy when it comes to such things), a "demanding customer" if you will, but they helped me each and every time without a problem. I had some minor "issues" and questions, and they went extra mile to help me every single time, and with super fast response too! They are extremely kind and they get the things done, no matter what seems to be the problem. They know very well how important a good customer service is, and that's the reason (or one of the reasons at least… quality/sound is the main factor of course) that made me want to change my main amp and go 100% Darkglass (amp, pedalboard, cab), because they got everything I need and everything is TOP quality! I was using Mesa Boogie for 15 years, I was 100% "Mesa guy" (I still got 3 Mesa Boogie amps) and I can only say good things about Mesa - their customer service is also great, but I think I'm ready to go 100% Darkglass. They make me feel that I actually belong to their "family", and that they will never let me down. I feel safe with Darkglass gear.

Darkglass likes this.
  4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It’s easy for Darkglass to behave that way, the pedals speak for themselves.