Amazing deal found on EBAY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ldiezman, Dec 24, 2002.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
  2. I wonder if the guy selling this is related to Heywood Jablome or Hugh Gass.

- Dave
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Are they kidding? this guy must be out of his mind. what a dork. hope no one actully TRYS to get this thing.
  4. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    If you're gonna try to sell me a $9000 bass. Please provide pics and have feedback would you??:rolleyes:
  5. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    it says "or best offr" so i guess i'll but 5 bucks and get it, always wanted a ric....
  6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    ELP and Yes musta been pretty hard up if Squire and Lake had to share this bass. har har

brad cook
  7. I just had to email this poor sap and give him some advice.

How much are the ebay charges on $9000? Got to be at least $100. Did you see the $2500 amp and cab he has or the $200 bear? What a nut!!:rolleyes:
  8. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Lotz of stupid sellers on ebay I have noticed. I got my Spector off ebay for about 1/3 of list (used innice shape) so there are good deals...but man, anyone who tries to sell a $9G bass with no pics and feedback needs to be smacked...
  9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i paid $450 for the same bass around '75 - i guess i shouldve bought a dozen and saved them- id be set!!!
  10. Yeah, and what about that stupid name of his. Who has "Mike" for a middle name anyway? It just doesn't flow. I mean really, say his name fast. There's just something wrong with it.

- Dave
  11. Some loser took the time to actually post a bogus ad and use a stupid name and paid the ad fees.
  12. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The name makes me think that it's a female seller! :D
  13. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    And tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Lake playing Rickenbacker at the ELP era...
  14. OK so I was bored and tried a fake listing for 9000. The fees were only $3.30, I thought it would be more?! I didn't post it though.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Apparently the name has gone over a few people's heads.
  16. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
  17. Haha!!

Saw the name too... I wish I had that name.. :(
  18. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Just realized the name... :D

No more doubt, this ad is a pure joke.
  19. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    what? why are you guys making fun of him.. I was being serious.. I thought $9000 for a Rick bass was an excellent price.....