1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amazing deal found on EBAY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ldiezman, Dec 24, 2002.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
  2. I wonder if the guy selling this is related to Heywood Jablome or Hugh Gass.

:D

- Dave

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Are they kidding? this guy must be out of his mind. what a dork. hope no one actully TRYS to get this thing.

4. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    If you're gonna try to sell me a $9000 bass. Please provide pics and have feedback would you??:rolleyes:

5. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    it says "or best offr" so i guess i'll but 5 bucks and get it, always wanted a ric....

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    ELP and Yes musta been pretty hard up if Squire and Lake had to share this bass. har har

brad cook

7. I just had to email this poor sap and give him some advice.

How much are the ebay charges on $9000? Got to be at least $100. Did you see the $2500 amp and cab he has or the $200 bear? What a nut!!:rolleyes:

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Lotz of stupid sellers on ebay I have noticed. I got my Spector off ebay for about 1/3 of list (used innice shape) so there are good deals...but man, anyone who tries to sell a $9G bass with no pics and feedback needs to be smacked...

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i paid $450 for the same bass around '75 - i guess i shouldve bought a dozen and saved them- id be set!!!

10. Yeah, and what about that stupid name of his. Who has "Mike" for a middle name anyway? It just doesn't flow. I mean really, say his name fast. There's just something wrong with it.

:p

- Dave

11. Some loser took the time to actually post a bogus ad and use a stupid name and paid the ad fees.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The name makes me think that it's a female seller! :D

13. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    And tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Lake playing Rickenbacker at the ELP era...

14. OK so I was bored and tried a fake listing for 9000. The fees were only $3.30, I thought it would be more?! I didn't post it though.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

:D

Apparently the name has gone over a few people's heads.

16. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    HAHA! LMAO:D :D

17. Haha!!

Saw the name too... I wish I had that name.. :(

18. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Just realized the name... :D

No more doubt, this ad is a pure joke.

19. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    what? why are you guys making fun of him.. I was being serious.. I thought $9000 for a Rick bass was an excellent price.....