Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amazing gig

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JimmyM, Oct 16, 2005.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have done very large gigs before. I've done as many as 15,000 seat arenas before with some of the oldies acts I work with. But I have never had a gig like last night.

First off, of all the acts I work with, it's the most unlikely act to draw that many people. It's a Blues Brothers lookalike act that I've done conventions with around Orlando for the past 5 years. While they are the best Blues Brothers act in the business, it's not exactly like I'm playing with Paul McCartney. But I swear there must have been 20,000 people at this little fair in Richmond Hill, GA, about 20 miles from Savannah. Judy Belushi (John's widow) was signing copies of her new book "Belushi," and she loved us and was very nice. And the people were acting like we were rock stars. Every time I came out front to play, people would try to shake hands. Hard to believe that this little lookalike act would make me feel more like a rock star than I ever felt before ;)

Oh well, tomorrow it's back to conventions for 300 people, but last night we ruled Richmond Hill, GA!

2. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    That sounds like fun! We played to about 14 today.

heck, that was fun too

3. Way to go!

And way to go, Zillo! :D

Rock on :bassist:

4. that's where you want to be, isn't it???

Rock on! :bassist:

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have a lot of fun on those gigs where there's only 14 people. Still get a fair amount of them, too. They're usually into it a lot more than the big crowds, and you can relax and just have fun and do stuff you wouldn't ordinarily do.