Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amazing Grace by Victor Wooten

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by anton970204, Jul 31, 2002.

1. I love the way he mixes the harmonics with the root notes, but i cant figure the fills out. Once he gets into the groove part he does some neat fills and i was wondering if anybody has them figured out, if you do i would really appriciate some help, maybe even a (winces) tab. thanks a lot,
    anton.

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    this should either go in recordings since you're talking about a particular recording of his and not Victor himself or Tablauture (shudders) because you're requesting some evil tabs. So off to recordings unless the Mods there feel it should go in tabs.

3. my mistake

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I usually hit B-D-E-G for the G harmonic bit and
    E-G-A-C for the C harmonic bit-granted this isn't what victor does-when combined with a little bit of double thump/rhythm games I think it sounds good.

one of the things that makes victor's playing so cool...are his fills...he has really interesting fills tha usually incorporate double thump stuff.
    be creative...try out new things...isn't that what fills are all about in the first place :)

5. yeah, I love Vic's fills in this song, and any song actually, but the ones in this song are just beyond my ability to figure out. thanks for your help.