Amazing new "Rogue" bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Captain Awesome, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    I just went to the GC and found this bright red bass out front that was made by an Indonesian master luthier named Rogue. The bass has this beautiful metallic "buzz" tone, even when unplugged (!), and it has knobs could do this "scratch" effect when rotated that I knew would come in handy sometime. I also dig the avant-garde finish design with a few strategically placed chips to show the multiple layers of exotic wood in this bass. I can't imagine the effort it would've taken to get all those exotic wood chips together. It had a price tag that said $150, but I knew they goofed and meant $1500. I had to do the right thing and point it out to the salesman. He acknowledged the mistake and then added "But guess what... since you're such a good customer, I'll sell it to ya for $1000." Well, needless to say, I immediately bought it because I knew sooner or later he was going to back down on that insane deal.

APRIL FOOLS :rolleyes:
  2. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    o man....i was about to go lookin for that...haha
  3. It's the "Multi-layers of exotic woods" that make this thing rule.
  4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    OMG, I was getting ready to smack you!!! LOL J/K you had me going!
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wow, i want to know who this "Rouge" is, so he can build my next bass! I would LOVE those scrachy knobs! i think i have that on my mim torn to crap mim p-bass! COOL!:D
  6. thats awesome. I thought you were totally screwed up at first.
  7. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    i have one of those rogue basses... your right. those skratchy knobs do come in handy.. specially in my limp bizkit covor band.. we also did a linkin park song and a N sync song as well ... *smiles*
    Glad to know you love it.. buy some more.. there better than any other GUITAR... with that scratch feature.. DAWG...:D

april fools.... =D

what.. dont ya know im just kiddin? :( :eek: :confused: :mad:
  8. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    HMM... well i like your rogue.. but i'll take a harmony guitar over your Rogue any day. Harmony guitars are the highest quality instruments anywhere...!!!
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Nothing beats the maker known as "miss dasiy guitars" HOW YA GONA BEAT THAT FLOWER PRINT FINSIH!I THINK THEIR REAL STICKERS!
  10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    IMO, it doesn't get much better than miss daisy rock's heart shaped design. it is the "house party" to ken smith's "house party 2."

the super-tiny scale expedites the playing ten-fold, even though i only play roots (well, i can ALMOST do that). really helps for guys like me who have small hands, among other things.
  11. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    or erm something..hahaha
    HEY JOHN TURNER! dont you have a 12485252 string daisy rock? thats tuned like
    or something like that??? hehe *grins*
  12. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That's a load of crap. My Kay could wipe the floor with your Harmony. And if you think you're tough, I'll pull out the unholy trinity of my Lotus, my Silvertone, and my Samick.
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, my guitarists old St George bass would put your Kay to shame!:p