1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amazing speakers for...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassninja7, Sep 24, 2008.

1. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    replacing the peavey 410 TX cab.

it is rated at 700w handling and 300rms
    oh and its 8 ohms...

so a couple if things.....
    speakers are not bad, but they are not the best. i plan on keeping this baby around for ever:)

anyway, if i do replace all speakers, what would be the best so i can retain my same specs on the cab?

also could i get speakers and wire it to 4ohms would that be louder (450w head) or would i be better off sticking to the 8ohms and getting a second cab, which would be a 15.

but right now my main concern is getting the best speakers possible.

thanks.:ninja:

2. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    just my two cents........

I used to have a 410 TVX and I was very pleased with the speakers and the sound.
    Before you make a speaker change, I would experiment with different EQ settings and see if you get it to sound the way you want.

As far as new speakers - I like these: Eminence Basslite S2010. They only come in 8 ohm, so your total impedance for the cabinet would still be 8 ohms.

3. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH

what about power?
    would that still be the same:bag:

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    If your sound has degraded in some way, or you bought the cab used and don't know the condition of the speakers, you might want to open it up and make sure all the fuses/cones are in good shape...

5. LesS

LesS

Mar 3, 2006
    no longer a member
    power handling with the Basslites would be 600 watts RMS.

But for the price of four new Basslites (~$320), you could buy another cabinet instead - you could have two 410TX's.

6. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    i got it from my uncle, so i know it in good shape.
    i guess i should have also said, that when i play hard on the upper strings it distorts a bit, and the clip light comes on...
    im using a sansamp with the svt setting.

7. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

If the clip light in your amp comes on, it's an amp problem, not the cabinet. You're overdriving the amp.

As for replacing the speakers, your best bet is the originals from Peavey. Anything else, including the S2010, may be destroyed, because the cabinet was not designed for them.