1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amazing tuner STORY

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by b to g is yummy, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So yesterday i was music shopping...checked the rack at a local music store for the planet waves floor tuner which i've wanted for a long time...the planet waves ct-o4. ...
    I was hoping to finally see the new version here in canada. didnt see it...didnt see any planet waves tuners, actually. so..i shopped around. i bought my drummer some dampening pads and some sweet zildigen sticks...as i was walking out..i glanced back at the display where i had looked for the tuner.. WOAA..there it was..the tuner...in a box i couldnt see through! promptly i purchased my beloved pedal

Today, I told my guitar player he could use it for our gig tonight, cuz he had just been commenting that his next purchase is gunna be a good tuner...he had been using the jumpy thing on his little digiteck multi-effect pedal....and didnt like it.

So, there I was...with an armload of stuff...including my new tuner...walking into the church (our venue) and it fell onto the cement. SMACK! scuffed but unscathed...worked great...guitar player really liked it.

So planet waves... welcome. Nicely done!

So there's the story about my generousity and the awesomeness and toughness of the new planet waves tuner!

ENjoyed that...didncha ;)

2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    My best "oops" moment was when I dropped my first bass, a P/J Arbor that weighed 15 pounds, onto the concrete when removing it from my mom's trunk to go jam and get high (reverse, and back again), many years ago.

Found out why it was such a beast with that dent: the body is made of particle board. :)

3. wow. so what's paricle board sound like? kinda warwicky?? lol

4. NEVER under estimate the awesome tonal characteristics of particle board...

5. oh dear ,that one hurt!

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    that depends... is this fine South American Rain Forest particle board? or inferior post-consumer American particle board? :ninja::ninja::ninja:

7. Hang on.... THAT was supposed to be an "AMAZING" tuner story???????

I think you need to get out more!!!! Just wasted 30 seconds of my life expecting some revelation, only to be told "I went into a store, never looked properly, saw the item I wanted by chance, then dropped it later"

WOW!! have you ever thought of selling the story to some big Hollywood movie mogul? I reckon it would make a smash blockbuster epic! "THE BOY WHO DOESN'T LOOK PROPERLY AND THEN DROPS THINGS"!!!

8. +1 LOL, I was thinking exactly the same thing after reading it!

9. beyondthe48

beyondthe48 Guest

Apr 29, 2007
    what do you expect? the Cannuck was probably drunk! YAH HOSER!

10. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    no offense, but I'm still trying to figure out what was amazing about that story...

11. Dropping a tuner might seem like an amazing experience to someone who was also repeatedly dropped as a child??

12. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    Being dropped on the head sounds warwicky. :D

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I fail to see what is so amazing about this story. I have no experience with the Planet Waves tuner, but I'm pretty sure I could throw a TU-2 at a brick wall and then go play a show with it with no worries.

Closed.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.