1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amazon Dean Dean Edge Quilt Top 5-String Bass, Trans Red $268.00

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by gard0300, May 17, 2011.

1. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Amazon has the Dean Edge Quilt Top 5-String Bass, Trans Red marked $268.00 Shipped. Awesome Deal!!!

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I could have sworn these were under $200 last week. :meh:

Having bought the 4-string Bartolini version for slightly less than half this ($132.99) not long back (see epic thread), I have to repeat that these are actually extremely nice basses for what they are, the only shortcoming being the EMG pre, which is noisy.

3. hyoshim

hyoshim

May 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I replace the pre with Bart NTBT and it is a totally different bass now. No noise, and typical Bart sound.

4. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    Anyone else have one of these. It seems the pots have noise issues. Anything else to know about them? I'm looking at a 5er and the squire deluxe are in the same price range and wondering which is better.

Also, anyone had to do a return thru amazon? Wondering if bass shows up with scrathy pots or something similar will they do return and cover shipping?

5. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    I thinking of pulling the trigger but would love some answers to my questions in my previous post.

6. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Vandalia, Ohio
    Don't know, but check Amazon's return policy. Maybe they give you 30 days or something.

7. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    I recieved mine and I'll have to say it is a sweet deal. Pros, great wood, finish, tone. Cons, setup, battery door sucks, the knobs were hitting the wood and turned like crap, the knobs were not square to the body so not sure it it us electronics no installed squared or what. For the price it us one hell of a deal. If i paid retail i would be returning.

8. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    They do. Amazon's return policy is excellent, in my experience. 30 days, and all you need to do is click on one tab, and a RMA tag can be printed out.

9. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    Price went back up. Gard0300 thx for the hookup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!