1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amazon Double Neck Galveston Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPrinos, Mar 12, 2009.

1. JPrinos

JPrinos

May 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi all,

I've checked out comments about Galveston basses on TB and I think I can answer this question from them.

There's a Galveston double neck bass (5 string fretted, 4 string fretless) offered and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it.

see it here

Frankly, I like it for the freak-factor but I'm wondering if it is a decent bass or not.

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    The same bass is on ebay by the same seller for $725 and free shipping.

3. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bet it weighs a ton.

4. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    I'm guessing 17 pounds

G

5. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    My back hurts just thinking about it.

6. Still looks cool. think of all the stuff you could do in one song with a fretted 5 and a fretless in one bass. Probably a studio peice that can be used as a stage gimmick now and then ala Cheap Trick. If I had the money I'd definetly buy it.

7. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I think it is kind of cool, but I can't think of anything I would use it on. If I have a song that I want fretless on I just play fretless on the whole song.

8. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    If you are serious about a doubleneck bass check out www.hembryguitars.com. The prices are not that much more and you can customize to your wants..

9. JPrinos

JPrinos

May 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the info on that one. If I had my way, I'd got for a 5 string fretted and a 5 string fretless.....or go with the Mikey Bass which switches from fretted to fretless on the same neck with a single slider action.

10. basscheez

basscheez

Nov 6, 2008
    Cleveland, Oh
  11. joeschitterefsk

joeschitterefsk Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    I own one. black/purple flame top. 5 string and 4 string fretless lined. I have to say that for a boutique bass it actually plays very well and has solid tone with the stock humbuckers.

True it does weigh a lot. About 15# I think but with a wide, heavy padded strap it is actually very playable, on both necks. It has better ergonomics than some of my other oddly shaped basses.

I rarely, if ever, play it though. Usually if I want some fretless tone or shock value on stage.