Amazon Prime 1x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zabbo1978, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zabbo1978

Zabbo1978

Aug 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Inspired by Low-cost DIY practice/coffeehouse tweeterless 110 [long]

and

The TB110 Club!

I had been interested in building a TB110 for a few years so I had a very similar box (Amazon.com: Q Power Single 10-Inch Vented Unloaded Box: Car Electronics Q Power Single 10-Inch Vented Unloaded Box) on my Amazon wish list for a couple of years. This past Christmas I was excited when I received what I thought was this box from my parents.

A few days later, when I took a closer look I realized that what I received was actually a totally different box. (Amazon.com: Q Power SB10V Single 10" Vented Subwoofer Box: Car Electronics Q Power SB10V Single 10" Vented Subwoofer Box) It's a slightly bigger box with a much different port (longer and smaller in cross section/area -- I'll post the measurements next time).

Since I was interested in the TB110 to act as an easily portable rig, I thought I might see how this box would work with the 2 10" drivers I already had on hand. My current "portable" rig is this:
    View attachment 1052641

It's a Carvin RL-210 kick-back combo cab with a TOA 60W power amp stuck in the top.
    View attachment 1052643

So it's super heavy and only sort of portable. I thought, 'Maybe one of those drivers will work in this new cab.' When I modeled it in WinISD I thought it would be worth a shot.

To stay within the spirit of the two main components of the speaker I thought would be fun if I finished the build with only other items ordered on Amazon (with 2 day Prime shipping) and items I already had on hand. I'll keep posting my progress as I go.

View attachment 1052671

-RAZ