1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amber Alert! Stolen Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Linnin, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Some slime ball scumbag stole my friend's, Angeline Saris, Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass!

[​IMG]

Motoki1 and Dr. Cheese like this.
  2. I wish you the best in tracking it down!!!

Dr. Cheese and Linnin like this.
  3. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    Aw man. Beautiful bass. Some people are really low. What a piece of s--t! Best of luck finding it or the culprit.:mad:

Dr. Cheese and Linnin like this.
  4. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    Good luck. Check Ebay AKA America's fence.

12BitSlab likes this.
  5. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I thought that was Craigslist! :cautious:

RSBBass likes this.
  6. Looks like you're a couple of hours drive from Alexandria, but I'll keep a weather eye out for it just the same.

7. BassholeKI

BassholeKI

Feb 10, 2017
    Quite a looker! Ahem, bass is nice too...

With that unique top and 1 tuner replaced it should be pretty easy to identify. Wish you (her) all the luck tracking it down.

Worst thing ever is to steal art or music. I'm sure whoever took this didn't realize they were taking someone's creative outlet, or if they did and just didn't give a ****. Not sure which is worse.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
    Motoki1 likes this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    STOLEN BASS UPDATE: Good News/Bad News

Good News: The bass was found in the woods off a small road near Santa Cruz and has been returned to me. YAY!!!!!!

Bad News: The bass is badly damaged and unplayable above the 15th fret. I'm assuming it is water damage from being left outside in the rain.
    [​IMG]

9. jaybones

jaybones Banned

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Great! So glad it's been found. Hopefully its not a total loss.

10. A good luthier may help out with the repairs just for the sake of the story. Was it stolen in CA or it somehow ended up out here in the woods?