Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amer jazz bass fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FenderBassp, Jan 19, 2005.

1. FenderBassp

FenderBassp

Nov 14, 2004
    I was at guitarcenters today, and played one of these today. They're awesome I looked at the price and it was ~680$ affortable but then I notice it was used and the retail was ~1200$. It looks mint condition except for 2 knob caps were missing. It still has the film wrap on the pick guard and no dings or sartches. But the price, why is it so low??? barely used and it is sold "as is" should get this bass? I like the feel and sound of it way better then the one i have now. Is 680 odd is all im saying? :bag:

2. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Well, january is "blowout" time at GC which means deals abound. The only problem with these "deals" is they have usually been sitting around collecting dust and shop wear. Plus the holiday season brings lots of extra hands so be carefull with the deals and examine carefully what you are to be buying. "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten." :D

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I paid the same price for a brand new one from the same store.

4. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Okay, here's what.
    What year is the bass? it is possibly an nos New old stock Fender.
    I bought one of these basses, it's Natural ash/ maple neck. I payed $700 bucks whsc.
    Being sold as is I guess they are saying the case, strap don't come with the bass.
    If it's a nos bass and it speaks to you than buy it and replace the knobs if they don't give them to you!

Oh, by the way
    I got my Geddy Lee bass less than two weeks ago at GC for $599 :cool: