American Deluxe Precision Bass V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Mar 22, 2003.

1. :eek:

Wow...I saw the 4 string version in a brochure, and I thought "damn that thing rocks. I wish they made a 5 though..that would rule."

Anyone have any experiences with this bass? They don't have a sound sample, and there aren't any music stores nearby that would carry it.

Might as well ask this, too (wish pics weren't so huge)

Any experiences with this one?
  2. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I played the Jazz and made a thread about it a while ago. To me it was a pretty amazing bass. Loved everything about it; the way it played, felt, sounded, and looked.
  3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    those are beautiful. not a big fender fan but i could make an exception for either one of those.
  4. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    They DO made a 5 string version........ If you want to hear it in action check out "Rude Awakening" from Megadeth, Dave Ellefson plays one of those puppies:bassist:
  5. Lol you dork. I know they make a 5 string, I just posted a picture of it. :D

Thanks for the tip man, I'll download that now :bassist:
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  7. i don't like the amer. deluxe P. five. my friend has's too heavy for my taste, and the B isn't too awesome. i dunno; it just doesn't feel right too me. it's a solid instrument, just not for me.
  8. Yeah, if I do get one, I'd get it in black, and take off the pickgaurd.

You CAN do that right, take the screws out and remove the pickgaurd? I mean a black bass with a white pickgaurd looks ok, but I mean I dunno about going on stage with it looking like that. Kinda weezer-ish :D
  9. for any bass w/ a pickguard, i still think nothin' beats white body with a black guard. it looks badass.
  10. *scratches head* :meh:

Diff'rnt strokes fer diff'rnt folks I guess.

I 'spose I'd just get the bass, take off the pickgaurd, and order a black one, if it's not an option.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've played both the 4- and 5-string versions of the American P Deluxe. The bass just rules. If I were going to own another P, it'd be the Am Deluxe P 5. Very versatile, and the active electronics give it buku tone and thump.

Now, WRT your other pic, I own this one. It rules more.

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Nice Bass, Munji, but the B & E strings aren't even close to being centered between the pickup poles. The A string is better , and the D & G strings are right on. Whats up with that?
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's the product of decades of research by the folks at Fender regarding optimal placement of pole pieces.

Actually, it's parallax. I just went and checked it, and all the strings are dead center between the poles.
  14. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    Last week I visited a store in a nearby town and was amazed by the stock they had. 2 Roscoe Becks, Victor Bailey sig, FMT, '75 reissue and the more 'plain' Fenders as well. It was hard to tell how the basses were, because they all had high action and dead strings. Typical.

The FMT was nice and looked gorgeous, but for 3300eur/usd I want a bass to be perfect! I liked most one of the RB's, it had the punch and clearness that I'm looking for in a bass. Should try to see how the neck feels after one set...
  15. My p-pickup is like that. But it's because I took it out, and screwed up when I screwed it back in. :D

I could fix it easily..not worth the trouble though. My bass is a piece of poo.
  16. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    ;) Did you heard the songs?????
  17.'s an ALBUM. Dude you should have said that. I was looking for a song called that. :D

I'll d/l it now. You're absolutely sure it's that P bass?
  18. I played the American P Deluxe 5 a few times when I was working up near Chicago.I was expecting a fat wide neck but it was
    really a nice player,not bad at at all.The tone kills too,I'd love to own one.
  19. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Sorry, Rude Awakening its a Live album :rolleyes:, and as far as I know he is using P-bass Dlx 5, maybe not in all the songs. There are three pictures inside the booklet where Dave in playin a P-bass Dlx 5.