American Deluxe ZONE Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kaky213, Dec 21, 2005.

1. kaky213

Oct 20, 2005
    I have been going to my local guitar shop looking for a new bass and found a the Fender Zone. All I could say was wow! :hyper: I love the tone and the feel of the bass. Very light bass but with plenty of sweet tones. The bass is drop dead gorgeous (maple top body with alder in the bottom) My only complaint was the price. Kinda pricey. Anyways I was wondering you guys can give my any suggestions on other basses I should try. Or should i go into debt for that PRETTY fender.

PS: A stingray also did catch my eye as well just to let you know.
  2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I've been itching to try one of those, they look awesome and I suspect they sound the same. Other less expensive suggestions: American Deluxe Jazz or Precision. There have been a couple of the ones you're talking about on ebay very recently...perhaps they're still on there. :)
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    stingray > any fender

4. kaky213

Oct 20, 2005
    I did like the stingray, dont get me wrong. But the fender zone's neck is soo much comfortable than the stingray's. Well to me anyways. One more question has anyone else tried a American fender zone? I would like to know what other's think of that bass. See I have been looking for reviews on that fender but I cant find any.
  5. experience > ignorance
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have but i dont like Fenders that much and this was no exception. The finish on the back of the neck was really orange and ew.
  7. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    I have one (see the following thread):

This bass is a quality instrument IMHO and has a rather unique tone. Think P-Bass with a nasty bark. I have a bunch of other basses (Ps, Js, SR4, etc.) and this is just a little different.

If you are looking for a P or Ray sound, this bass may not be for you but, it plays great and can cut nicely through the mix. Fit and finish are excellent for a production bass. My neck is fast and has a gun oil type finish, not "orange" and nicely figured. Body is the 5 ply maple/walnut/alder/walnut maple version.

Just my .02