American elite precision club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joss bass, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Joss bass

Joss bass

Apr 12, 2017
    Is there such a club noticed others if so can i join best p bass ever imo:hyper:

2. Bigmep

Bigmep

Feb 10, 2016
    There’s not a club but if there were, I would be a member.

3. Joss bass

Joss bass

Apr 12, 2017
    We should start one dude

4. Someone start one so I can Join

5. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    There's a gorgeous tobacco sunburst hanging at my local GC. It's way on the top rack and I was in a hurry so haven't played it yet. I kinda need a P bass in my herd... was thinking Mexi or Squier... but that thing looks sweet... For those that already own one, does it have the smaller vintage style frets or are they jumbos? How is the weight? My only reference thus far is Sweetwater, theirs seem to clock in around 10lbs which is a bit much for this old man... thanks in advance for any info.

6. Bigmep

Bigmep

Feb 10, 2016
    Mine is a tobacco burst that I got from Sweetwater. It has medium rise jumbo frets. Mine weighs 8lbs 13oz. It is a fine bass. I like the sound of it in passive mode almost more than in active. But the active mode gives you a tremendous amount of possible bass tones. I am seriously considering another one in the champagne/tortoise finish.

cavemanbass likes this.
  7. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood Gold Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    You must live in Denver! I played a burst elite p at GC in Denver yesterday. FANTASTIC. So many useful tones. That mid control is i think the secret sauce. Pretty sure this instrument will not be getting lost in the mix.

8. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    Haha not Denver though I have been through there many times. The one I saw was in Dublin CA. Still haven’t found time to go back there and play it!

Looking into these a bit more, only the jazz is available in 5 string. Would like to try a P fiver sometime.

9. Joss bass

Joss bass

Apr 12, 2017
    How do we start a elite precision club lolheres mine

Attached Files:

Philibuster likes this.
  10. Do the original Elite P-basses from 1983 qualify? If so, I'm in!

IMG_1445.JPG

11. Joss bass

Joss bass

Apr 12, 2017
    Damn right they do dude

Philibuster and Mastermold like this.
  12. Philibuster

Philibuster Supporting Member

Is this still maybe a thing? If so, I’m in.

6B6CC4FB-E0BA-4788-B3B0-A25B121AA718.jpeg

lowdownthump likes this.
  13. Relsom

Relsom

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Inbound.....

Philibuster likes this.
  14. Relsom

Relsom

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Big Brown delivered this yesterday. She's well balanced, got a great feel to the neck, and has a quite usable preamp, or not, if I choose. Nice dark rosewood fb. I almost thought it was ebony from the seller's photos. If I'm going to keep it, which is likely, I want to go tort. Anybody got a tort guard they want to trade for?
    Elite1.jpg

lowdownthump and BassBuzzRS like this.
  15. Philibuster

I don’t have a tort guard but I’ve been considering it for mine. Please let me know if/when you find one for a good deal!

16. Relsom

Relsom

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Even though Fender installs a tort guard on the Champagne Precision, they emailed back claiming that it's not available as a replacement part. Wonder why?

17. Philibuster

Please let me know if/when you figure it out!

18. Relsom

Relsom

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    Anyone know the difference between Sienna Sunburst and Tobacco Sunburst on these? I'm looking at a trade.... the guy claims it's new and Sienna Sunburst. I don't see Sienna as a current offering, but the photos of Tobacco Sunburst sure look a lot like Sienna to me.

19. PBassTX

PBassTX

Jul 27, 2009
    Ft. Worth, TX
    This would be a very elite club!

20. Relsom

Relsom

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    It would be the Elite elite.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021