American Fender Jazz Bass question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Optimus Prime, Jun 2, 2002.

1. How much is a resonable price for a new American Jazz Bass? And how much for an old?

Do you thinks it's resonable to trade a 3 months old Warwick thumb bolt-on 4 for an American Jazz Bass 4?

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    (Just remember: you can't ask Americans about prices in Sweden/Europe. It's a whole different situation here, both for Fenders and Warwicks.)

3. Then I'll ask you.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Sorry, I have little idea what those basses go for new and used. I'll just take some wild guesses... :D

New MIA Fenders circle around 12-13,000 kr, I believe. How much did you pay for your Thumb? 14-15,000? If so, and if it's in good condition, I can't see why a music store wouldn't trade it right away (except for them being the cheap bastards they usually are, so they'll probably come up with a good reason not to ;)). Bring your bass to a dealer, that you know personally or by word-of-mouth to be honest and knowledgeable (i.e. NOT Musikbörsen ;)), and hear what they have to say. That would be your best bet.

A used MIA Fender should lie around 7-8,000 kr, if in pristine condition maybe more.

5. Thank you very much for the information.