Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Fender Jazz Bass question...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Optimus Prime, Jun 2, 2002.

1. How much is a resonable price for a new American Jazz Bass? And how much for an old?

Do you thinks it's resonable to trade a 3 months old Warwick thumb bolt-on 4 for an American Jazz Bass 4?

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    (Just remember: you can't ask Americans about prices in Sweden/Europe. It's a whole different situation here, both for Fenders and Warwicks.)

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Sorry, I have little idea what those basses go for new and used. I'll just take some wild guesses... :D

New MIA Fenders circle around 12-13,000 kr, I believe. How much did you pay for your Thumb? 14-15,000? If so, and if it's in good condition, I can't see why a music store wouldn't trade it right away (except for them being the cheap bastards they usually are, so they'll probably come up with a good reason not to ;)). Bring your bass to a dealer, that you know personally or by word-of-mouth to be honest and knowledgeable (i.e. NOT Musikbörsen ;)), and hear what they have to say. That would be your best bet.

A used MIA Fender should lie around 7-8,000 kr, if in pristine condition maybe more.

4. Thank you very much for the information.