1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

american fender jazz output questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by growler571, Nov 17, 2010.

1. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    Do the new 2010 fender american jazz basses have a pretty hot output as far as the pickups are concerned. I had an american deluxe fender jazz and is tended to sound a little anemic in the low end department with a loud rock band. Someone told me the american standards have a little more output is this true? I have real problem with using a jazz when we go into our acdc songs in my band also. It seems like i need a P bass for these types of songs or a stingray. That active jazz of mine just didnt cut it for tunes like that. Let me no your thought opinions please. Thanks...

2. lfbassguy

lfbassguy

Jul 4, 2010
    west texas
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland
    my 2010 mia jazz standard works great when we play acdc or any other rock songs. the p/u's seem pretty hot and have plenty of low end. i did have to raise them a bit. they really do sound great!

3. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    In my experience a classic passive Jazz Bass cut through the mix easily, even if the output level is quite low.
    The low output can however be a problem with low wattage amp and/or inefficient cabs.
    If your amp is enough loud, maybe the problem is the -too polite- active circuit, rather than the output level

4. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    My mid 90`s Korean Squire blows the pants off any other MIM or MIA Ive A/B`d it with as far as " hotness " is concerned . I tried it against a Classic vibe Jazz a while back for example and the CV was about 10-20% quieter .
    Just play as many as you can till one leaps out at you ! . Good luck
    Tip : tried an Aphex Bass Xciter ???? , the best thing Ive ever owned to beef my sound .