Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American folk - Ideas for ordering sansamp? UK'er stuck!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mike McGibney, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if you kind US chaps might help me. I'm upgrading my regular sansamp to the new three way programmable one. My girlfriend is visiting her parents in AZ, USA at the moment, and I plan to order it, and have her bring it back to the UK for me, to save money.

Thing is, I'm familiar with the UK online stores - but could you point me in the direction of the best deal I could get on it from a US website?

Hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance!

Regards

Mike

2. JEberle

JEberle

May 17, 2003
    Cincinnati
  3. Mike McGibney

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Thanks Jim!

That's perfect. Although it was the three way programmable one I was after, I found it. One hundred pounds, for me, roughly - suits me just fine!

Much obliged!

4. Mike McGibney

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Scotland's in the UK?!

Not on my watch!

Sadly, Mr Mohawk, I can't find the piece of equipment I want on there. But thanks muchly for your input!

5. Mike McGibney

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Chaps - sorry to resurrect, but musician's friend is out of stock. Anyone about who can recommend an alternative at a similar price?

Humbly,

Mike

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    as previously mentioned, music123.com
    also, zzounds.com

7. Mike McGibney

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    David - I checked music123, and have already said I couldnt find it. A further two checks have yielded nothing. If you could perhaps direct me, I'd appreciate it.

As for ZZounds - seems ideal. Many thanks.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    hmmm, they've had it in the past. I can't remember whether I got mine from zzounds or m123.

also, might want to check americanmusicalsupply.com

9. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Be aware that once you find it, you may not be able to pay for it - most take only credit cards issued in the US. I've had to go without or ask the old girl to get stuff for me in the past. The alternative is ebay sellers/stores who tend to take paypal.

10. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yes you could try ebay. i saw the model u are after going for $199 US that had a buy it now function so you wouldnt have to wait. i think that item has ended now but it was listed by a store that tends to advertise items weekly.

i can also confirm that music123 didnt have sansamp programmable when i last checked there.

is there a possibility of asking ur gf to check at one of the larger US stores in person?

**EDIT: found one on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41411&item=7330406365&rd=1

1 day remaining, 1 available.

also, musictoyz and pedalgeek stock every other tech 21 pedal except the sansamp prog.

11. julo

julo

Jan 18, 2005
    Boulder, CO
    hi

you can tell her to go to a shop and buy it there.
    at Robb's (Boulder, CO) they lower their price to come close to the internet price so...

it can be a solution

J

12. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    I resemble that remark :p

Now 'scuze me while my personal nose hair agent does their thing with the clippers

13. Mike McGibney

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    I'm amazed, I searched for it on there....

...thanks EVERYONE who posted (and I'm not actually English, btw!).

You'll be delighted, no doubt, to hear that the item has been orderered from ZZounds, and my gf will be bringing it back for me.

Many thanks ! !

Regards

Mike

14. Mike McGibney

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Magus: I'm after the THREE WAY programmable sansamp, I already own the regular version. See post no1!

15. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Sorted. I sold my Fulltone bassdrive after getting mine - it did all the grit I wanted on the second of the three switches (paid for it too!)

16. I bet you were put off by the fact they still use the pic for the old SA BDDI, ill have to let you off :p

17. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Twas only a bit of mirth Mike - good hunting pal :p