Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Football sucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AKirkman, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKirkman

AKirkman

Jan 1, 2003
    England
    Rugby is the best.

American football sucks:cool: :D

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I like American Football.

3. Real Football or Soccer?

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
  5. AKirkman

AKirkman

Jan 1, 2003
    England
    It is not called soccer it is called football :mad:

American football is for pussys :mad:

Rugby is for men:cool: :D

6. Sir, you have offended my honor, I challenge you to a duel. The weapons shall be wit!

Here is my first shot;"No, you are wrong, for it is rugby that sucks!"

I only hope that my shot wasn't mortal, so you get a chance to return fire.

;)

7. Three words, baby...

C...
    F...
    L...

Nuff said.

8. blackbass

blackbass Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Aurora, CO
    What I would do in your case is to do what I do. First, I don't watch soccer or rugby, therefore I am not subjected to its idiocy. Especially soccer. So, don't watch American football and quit your complaining!

9. AKirkman

AKirkman

Jan 1, 2003
    England
    AF has no rules all you have to do is walk over the line and you score a touch down when the dosn't even touch the ground. Atleast in Rugby it has touch the ground.

American Football sucks

Rugby 4 ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. blackbass

Aug 30, 2000
    Aurora, CO
    Maybe you don't understand the game and are not interested in it. Don't watch it. If rugby is for men, then why do they wear little boys shorts?

11. I think the first time I ever watched rugby was on ESPN2 real late at night when I was about 12. I was confused as to why guys would (seemingly) randomly A) Roll the ball between their legs, B) Kick the ball towards a goal, C) take off for the opposite end of the field.

If you've ever seen the "No rules sports channel" on Conan's "Satellite TV" sketch, that's what it felt like.

That being said, I love American football. I'm actually excited for the Arena league to start too, I've seen a few of them before, it's worth watching.

12. blackbass

Aug 30, 2000
    Aurora, CO
    In addition, I also enjoy Aussie rules football as well.

13. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I would like hockey, but the fighting is stupid. It really shouldn't be allowed.

14. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Okay, we get the point. You don't like American football. :rolleyes:

15. Ah, to be a 16-year-old troll again... :D :rolleyes:

American football and rugby are two completely different things and each is equally valid.

Englishmen who call American football a "nancy-boy" game, because of the extensive padding worn by players, forget that football players are much, much bigger than rugby players and thus have much more momentum to transfer in collisions.

Now, Aussie rules football is a Superior Game, but you have to be a crackhead to play it :p

16. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Well, it may turn off a few people but it has always been part of the game.

For awhile, they tried to curb the fighting, and what wound up happening was people getting clubbed with sticks instead. Not good.

That said, more than half the time the fights are a joke and not based on any real animosity anyway - just done to "fire up" the team.

17. I think hockey fights are a necessity, because they dissipate aggression that might otherwise be taken out on members of the general public.

For God's sake, I don't want to run into a pissed-off Tie Domi or Bob Probert in a bar...

18. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Well, other sports are frustrating too, but the difference is that hockey players carry various items that could be used as deadly weapons.

I have heard of a few incidents in which moronic fans tried to jump someone in the penalty box - and usually wound up getting the snot beaten out of them.

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What the heck is this doing in Miscellaneous? Begone!!!

20. AKirkman

AKirkman

Jan 1, 2003
    England
    The AF players are just as big as the rugby plays. They kick the ball forward because you arnot alowwed to throw it forward only backwards.

American football is also so long when it is the adverts that take up more time than the game. Rugby however has only two halve not multiple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.