Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Idol non-hijack thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter Squire, Feb 23, 2005.

1. i don't wanna hijack someone elses thread, so I'll ask it here!

How about making young musicians part of the Idol show by getting the amateur singer to choose between musician hopefuls who will then be their backing band for the whole series??

It could almost last the whole year with the singers choosing their band members, all the auditioning etc....

hey, it might get some talented Bp's their start. im sure there will never be an American Bass Idol show, so it might be a way to start...

just an idea :)

2. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I wish it could happen, something tells me it just wouldn't get the "ratings" that those shmucks running the industry would want. Although Oprah does a show with very young talents once a year. They kinda tried what you are talking about with Ozzy's "Battle for Ozzfest" but they made it too dramatic like "the real world".

MTV- Marketing To Viewers.

So It's about time for the TB channel. How about it folks!!!

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I like the your idea of trying to work young musicians into American Idol, but I think it might be too complex to do singers and musicians at the same time.

I would prefer to see an American IDOLS competition of young bands...that would be separate and apart from singers by themselves. For me that would be infinitely more interesting than just singers.