1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

American Idol

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Cubeface, May 9, 2006.

1. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    Hello all,
    I just watched American Idol, and in the first song of the show (Taylor’s [the guy with the grey hair] first song) the bass player from the band was playing on the stage. :hyper:
    I’m not positive what bass he was playing, but if my life relied on it, I would say it was an Ibanez Artcore, but I’m probably wrong…

I was just excited to see the bass player playing on the stage, the front man. :D

2. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    sweet, but i have to say i hate american idol becuz on the most popular morning talk radio in florida, the Mj morning show, thats all they talk about cuz they are chumps who have nothing better to talk about.

3. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    lots of threads about this.

4. There are lots of threads about what bass the bassist was playing onstage in tonights' show? I doubt it.

I caught a glimpse of it. At first I thougt it was the guitarist with a 335. Maybe it was an Artstar.... does Ibanez make f-hole basses?

.. Just checked out the Ibanez site... I don't think it was an Artcore series.

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... Fender Coronado ?

EDIT :
    i only saw it for a moment , but it think it was a Coronado ..

6. I think we have a winner!

Nice bass.... I want one (or 2).

7. I think it was a Gretsch. this model in particular

Gretsch3.

8. Ricky Minor's basslines are the only reason to watch that show.

9. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

And that wouldn't be too hard to confuse with a
    Guild Starfire either.

I'll have to take a look.

Yuck, I hate reality shows.

OTOH just let me know when you guys figure it out,
    those shows are just too painful for me to watch.

10. Stop pretending that you don't watch it because of Simon's witty repartee.

11. Slink

Slink

Dec 27, 2005
    I watch it. I've been a singer for over 40 years and I have to say the contestants on there now are really talented. They may sometimes do material I don't like but they are good singers.
    Paula is always a treat to watch, I don't know what medication she's on but she looked like she was really out there last night.

12. After watching it appear on Idol for a second time, I noticed the headstock, and now am sure it is a Fender Coronada. My regrets for thinking it was a Gretsch. It must just be my lust and GAS for a Gretsch hollow body bass that made me think it was.

Kyle

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Check out the cover of the International Musician, Ricky Minor is on the cover...with that bass...

14. Scarla O

Scarla O

Oct 4, 2005
    London, UK
    did it look like this?

[​IMG]

this is a coronado.