Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by canary, Jul 8, 2004.

1. canary

canary

Jun 1, 2004
    Hi, just a few questions on the American Jazz bass:

1. What do you think of it?

2. Is the individual P and J sounds as good as the real P-Bass or J-Bass? (eg is the J sound as good as the one on a real J-Bass?)

3. Is it worth getting the American Jazz Bass or saving money on just getting the Mex Jazz and losing out on the P sound?

sorry if that all seems a bit complex

2. What is it you're trying to find out that wasn't answered in the threads you started the other day asking these same questions?

3. canary

canary

Jun 1, 2004
    well im trying to find out about the American Jazz instead of the Fender Deluxe. Sorry if i am annoying anyone

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    If you are speaking about the S1 switch, I like it. The sound approximates a P, but won't nail it exactly.

I like the sound the feel of both the Presicion and the Jazz, though I would prefer a beefier version of the Jazz neck with the same Jazz spacing. A dream Fender for me would be a P body with the neck I was talking about with Jazz pickups.

Honestly in your situation, I would get a Geddy Lee sig and then add a Series/Parellel switch. I would do this because I love the sound and feel of that bass and it would save money and achieve a similar sound.

For a beginner, this would be a great setup.